Below are the things to keep in mind when changing a webhosting company.
- Choose a suitable new web hosting provider basing on your requiremnts.
- Create a backup copy of your existing website.
- Setup new but same email addresses to ensure that emails are continuously received.
- Once you have uploaded your web files to the new web hosting server and re-created your email accounts, you can go ahead and make the necessary domain name server (DNS) changes.
- After doing all the above, cancel your old account.